Sunday, October 12, 2014

New Position for me!

Welcome back blog readers, I m no longer a science teacher, I am a 21st C. Skills Teacher! This is so up my alley! I have been involved in technology and education since 1998 when I created my first website about math in middle school. I also created a site on genetics so that my eighth- grade students could access at home to further there study or work at their own pace.
NOW, I have the opportunity to work with students to increase the skills they will need to be able to work or obtain careers that have not yet been created!  I have spoken with many of my friends that have careers in the private sector, from managing a group in a genetics lab, to a friend who owns their own commercial property management business. What they are looking for in their personnel is the ability to work in groups, share ideas, research authentic information and problem solve on their own. These are the skills, plus many more that are part of the 21st Century classes at AFMS.

Here is a link into our First Trimester of projects. Remember, I have been working alone on these classes, and by reading, and re-reading , and speaking with other and reading blogs, I have found what works and what doesn't. I would enjoy your comments!

AFMS Tech Classes

No comments: