Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Response to How would I use Blogging as an instructional tool.

We have teaching teams at AFMS, in which I am apart one in the 7th grade. I can effectively use one hour of team time and get all the 7th grade teachers to begin a blog site. I have 1/6th of the 7th graders for six weeks intervals in my technology class. I will be able to have the students respond to the teachers blog. Once they are ready, they can create one of their own and by the end of the year, I will have taught the proper/best practice to blogging to all the 7th graders.
125 students and 9 teachers

As I set my colleagues up with blogs, I will have them post essential questions regarding their curriculum. Therefore, the students will benefit from reflective learning and teachers from reflective teaching.

As a classroom teacher, do you think there would be a problem with only some students learning how to blog at a time and not all will know how until the end of the year?

No comments: